|Attention: This article is a stub because Para is lacking knowledge!|
You can help the Len'en Wiki by expanding it with more knowledge!
Rei in full design
|Full Name||Monochroid[Rei] = _Type_iX01[Tsubakura];|
|Occupation||Ambassador of Mugenri|
Rei (レイ), officially Monochroid[Rei] = _Type_iX01[Tsubakura];, is a monochroid, used for the promotion of the Len'en Project series, while also seeming to exist as a character in-universe. They have a Youtube channel and a Twitter account, and they are also listed as a member of Trick Nostalgie.
They apparently like humans, money, geniuses, fashion, and games. They act bubbly and use rather broad and expressive gestures. They occasionally say "gero" (ゲロ), which might be either the japanese onomatopeia for a frog's croaking, or vomitting. "Gero" is also listed as one of the things they like.
As a monochroid, they do not require food for sustenance but are built in a way that allows them to eat and excrete. In fact, anything that they consume can be passed out without trouble and therefore they are unable to vomit. This is the reason they like mentioning vomit so much.
Rei also claims to be able to create other monochroids, but has produced mixed results. Their first creation, Zelo, was functionally identical to Rei, although lacking a soundbox at first; while their second creation, Lin, broke down soon after activation and was discarded in a trash can, although they are still capable of speech and sight, along with some minor movements. Rei claims that this was because they lacked a "Bird's Eye" for Lin's production, although what purpose the item serves is yet unknown.
Their official name is Monochroid[Rei] = _Type_iX01[Tsubakura];, and their nickname is Rei (レイ). The nickname is often appended with the japanese honorific -kun (くん). It's possible that the nickname is somehow related to Tsubakura's bomb, "Monochrome Ray" (モノクロムレイ). Rei, read with the kanji "零", could mean "zero", which may have a connection to Zelo.
They have black hair, black pupilless eyes, and pale white skin. They wear a hat, resembling Tsubakura's, adorned with two dots - one yellow, the other light blue. The eye on the hat blinks along with Rei's eyes. Their clothing looks rather traditional-like.
They have appeared in Youtube videos and made posts on their Twitter account.
They are Mugenri's goodwill ambassador, despite never having been to Mugenri.
They are friends with Zelo and is admired by them.
- Tsubakura Enraku
Many aspects of Rei's character alludes to Tsubakura Enraku, from their name to their design. Rei is rather fond of Tsubakura, as shown from their excitement from posting Tsubakura's themes on their Twitter account, as well as appending Tsubakura's name with "-sama" (様)
- Yabusame Houlen
When the music theme of a character is uploaded to their Youtube channel, Rei makes a comment about the character on their Twitter account. However, they didn't make a comment about Yabusame Houlen. This might imply that Rei doesn't know Yabusame, or dislikes them.
- Suzumi Kuzu
Rei seems to have respect for Suzumi Kuzu, referring to them and their personality "Hamee" with the "-sama" (様) suffix. They also know of Ardey, and even Benny, referring to both of them with "-sama" as well. They see Suzumi as a genius.
- Along with Zelo, Rei transforms into a head figure for most of their video appearances. This is a direct reference to Touhou's meme "yukkuri shiteitte ne!!!".
- Prior to making their own AviUtl script for lip-syncing Rei on 17 November 2018, JynX had to manually program Rei's mouth movement for their videos, taking up to 10 hours or more.
- Trick Nostalgie: Profile
- JynX's Twitter: "Rei-kun is an android so they don't need to eat, but they can imitate eating and are able to poop it back out! However, even if something weird got in, it can pass out without problem, so they can't vomit~. That's why they like saying "vomit" so much~. That's kinda human like!"
- Rei's Twitter: "Suzumi-sama? Hamee-sama?'s theme!"
- Rei's Twitter: (Regarding Hamee) "I know of them~♪. I know about Master Ardey and Master Benny too~❤️."
- Rei's Twitter: "It's cause Master Suzumi's a genius! All geniuses deserve to be respected unconditionally!"
- JynX's Twitter: "I made an AviUtl script! With this, the Android lip-syncing work is gonna get so much easier~."
- JynX's Twitter: "Before now, the lip-syncing work alone would take up to 10 hours or more, y'know~."