|Age||Possibly hundreds of years|
|Occupation||Familiar of the Senri Shrine|
Abilities & Strength
- Abilities as a shikigami
As a shikigami, Jinbei needs to draw spiritual power in order to keep their shiki contract intact. To do so, they apparently draw power from the Mugenri Barrier, the Senri Shrine priest and a certain "something" that remains unrevealed. In addition, they can apparently also supply spiritual power to these same sources.
Name and Design
Their name is Jinbei (ジンベイ), which apparently is not their real name. In JynX's illustration, Jinbei looks like a little child with long black hair, which is tied back in a ponytail, and their forehead appears to be wrapped in bandages. They wear a short single-layer black-and-green jinbei-haori (甚兵衛羽織) with detached sleeves, however it is described as sleeveless in Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle. Jinbei's name is a nickname given because they wear the jinbei-haori year-round. In Japan, jinbei are traditional Japanese clothes worn during the summer as either sleepwear or house-wear, and is sometimes used as a substitute for a yukata by mostly men or boys, but can also be worn by girls as well.
On 26 January 2017, JynX created a poll on Twitter, allowing fans to vote on four options revealing some information about the Len'en Project, with the third option being that Jinbei's design would be revealed. This option was chosen, and on 3 February, JynX began designing Jinbei. The final design was posted on 10 March.
- Earthen Miraculous Sword
In the prologue, they were about to tell Yabusame and Tsubakura about the weather incident caused by Adagumo no Yaorochi, but Tsubakura pranks them with horrible coffee. After the prank, Jinbei finally tasks them to stop the weather.
- Reactivate Majestical Imperial
Sensing that something is wrong and that a terrible incident is coming, a horrified Jinbei wakes the heroes up and tasks them to stop the spirits that are wandering around Mugenri.
In Yabusame and Tsubakura's ending, they are angry at the heroes for bringing Shion, the incident's culprit, into the household. They are very wary about Shion's true intentions, but they let them stay in the Senri Shrine.
- Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle
After Kuroji tossed Tsubakura a coin as compensation for regenerating Hooaka's arm, the coin landed precisely on its side, which Jinbei recognizes as a sign of provocation to the new priests from Xeno a. Jinbei then unsealed Shion so that they may accompany Yabusame and Tsubakura, and sent the three out to answer Xeno a's call.
- Yabusame Houlen & Tsubakura Enraku
Yabusame Houlen and Tsubakura Enraku are employees of the Senri Shrine. Like everyone else, Jinbei considers Yabusame to be an idiot. Tsubakura seems to respect Jinbei a lot and calls them "sensei", but still pulls pranks on them. Jinbei particularly dislikes Tsubakura and considers them to be creepy.
- Tsurubami Senri
Tsurubami Senri is Jinbei's master.
- In the full illustration, a green book can be seen titled "Irish Fairy and Folk Tales".
- Fan communities sparked with illustrations of Jinbei after JynX revealed their full design. Before then, they were speculative illustrations.
- Jinbei is the only person who can open the Senri Shrine's offertory box and access its contents.
- Interview with JynX (2021): Jinbei, Question 199
- Earthen Miraculous Sword: Prologue
- Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle: Prologue
- JynX's Twitter: "Welp, once I have time I'll fix up the rough draft I have and release it~."
- JynX's Twitter: "It's a rare opportunity so instead of a rough draft, I drew a proper portrait! A precious shot of Jinbei, who doesn't show their face usually."
- Interview with JynX (2021): Sanctuary, Question 103