This page lists other documentation in regards to Evanescent Existence.
- Music Comments - JynX's music comments
- Official Profiles - The character's profiles from etc_le01.txt
- Spell Cards - The game's spell cards
- Omake - omake.txt, JynX's afterword (deleted in v1.10)
- Manual - manual.txt
- Readme - readme.txt
This section lists miscellaneous translations that do not fit anywhere on the wiki.
「連縁 无現里(れんえん むげんり)」は性別不明な奴等がてんやわんやしてる
"Len'en Mugenri ~ Evanescent Existence" is a bullet hell STG game
There are six main stages and an extra stage in the full version of the game.
|Stage 1||次元洞窟 ～D-Cavern～||Dimensional Cave ~D-Cavern~|
|Stage 2||時空の渦 ～Emancipation of Time～||Spacetime Whirlpool ~Emancipation of Time~|
|Stage 3||介入者と収穫者 ～Curious_encounter～||The One who Interferes and the One who Harvests ~Curious Encounter~|
|Stage 4||上下する存在 ～Air Master!～||Fluctuating Existence ~Air Master!~|
|Stage 5||陽を娩む塔餤らう塔 ～Creation and Destruction～||The Tower that Births the Sun, the Tower that Consumes the Sun ~Creation and Destruction~|
|Stage 6||影を放つ暘鳥 ～And the opponent dies～||The Bird of Sunrise that Casts a Shadow ~And the Opponent Dies~|
|Extra Stage||現では无い里 ～To the End of Time...～||The Village Outside Reality ~To the End of Time...~|
|連縁无現里 ～ Evanescent Existence||Len'en Mugenri ~ Evanescent Existence|
|Various Things: JynX|
(Okay, so you take 5 pitchers and...)[a]
(And now, two liters of your finest shōchū, please.)[b]
DX Library Copyright(C)2001-
|DX Library - All rights reserved|
DX Library Copyright(C)2001-
Thank you for playing!
On the character selection screen,
The Extra Stage
Differences Between Versions
v1.01 and v1.10 Differences
Apart from a secret playable character being implemented, there were also some significant changes to the game between the previous v1.01a and v1.10a.
- The biggest difference is that danmaku and spell card patterns throughout the game have been re-worked on, and some are considered simpler compared to the original.
- A flash bomb system was implemented into the game, upgrading it to the standard of the rest of the series.
- In the main Japanese title, the complex-looking kanji "鏈" in "Len'en" has been converted to the simpler-looking "連" throughout most of the game. This is to update the standard kanji JynX is currently using with Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle.
- The graphics on the title screen and the gameboard have been re-worked on, one reason being the point mentioned above, along with a unique gameboard for the hidden playable.
- The alternate full-screen mode from Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle has been added to the configuration program.
- All text-related files are now open-source outside the dat.led file in accordance to Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle, making it easier for one to customise them.
- The player starts with three lives rather than two on lower difficulty modes.
- The character selection screen has been re-arranged to scroll up and down rather than left and right, to fit the new third playable character.
- Dialogue boxes now have a grey bar over the speaker's name.
- Very trivial graphic fixes.
v1.10 and v1.20 Differences
- A new selection screen has been implemented into the game, where the player can select Basic or Light mode. Basic mode has everything defaulted from before, whereas Light mode simplifies gameplay by giving the player maximum amount of lifes, doubled item drops, and starting the game with 2.50 power.
- The shot sheet has been updated to that from Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle.
- Music from the Music Room will now still play when the game is hidden.
- A lot of the data from the game's sequel, Earthen Miraculous Sword, is present in the game files, such as character portraits and sprites, as well as the graphics for their titles. Sound effects for the flash bomb are also present (although later used in v1.10a), as well as sound effects used in Sukune Katano's spell cards. This is due to both games being developed and released simultaneously.
- There is a sprite of a yellow circle with an "S" in the centre (also present in Earthen Miraculous Sword). This would later be used in Reactivate Majestical Imperial as a full powerup item.
- There are two unused enemies in the game: a black T-shaped enemy with a green eye in its center, and a grey-and-black enemy that resembles a snake with wings. JynX stated that both of these enemies were intended to be Tsurubami Senri's shikigami, but were cut from the game due to this not being obvious. Both sprite sheets are also present in Earthen Miraculous Sword and Reactivate Majestical Imperial.
- There is a sheet named staff_roll_moji.png, which appears to be an earlier version of the staff roll. It is possible that a more standard scrolling credits sequence was intended, as opposed to the final version's more animated Touhou -esque sequence. JynX's name is erroneously spelled as "JINX". It was deleted in v1.10a.
This is a list of known glitches, bugs or other unusual capabilities that aren't supposed to be part of the original gameplay.
- When playing as Suzumi fighting against Tsurubami Senri as Tsubakura Enraku on stage 3, the spell card background will show Yabusame Houlen's silhouette instead of Tsubakura's.
- In v1.10a, Tsurubami's final spell card "Non-existent Seal [Empty Being]" bugs out when playing as Tsubakura or Suzumi. When switching phases, Tsurubami will not shoot any bullets and stay still, taking an extremely long time to begin the next phase. This was working in earlier versions, but fixed on v1.20a.
- Various sound effects, such as the menu select and cancel sounds, as well as player shooting sounds and enemy destruction sounds, are too quiet.
- On Hard, Tsubakura's opening boss nonspell does not have knife bullets emit from the initially-fired bubble bullets, and their penultimate spell card Mysterious Card "Monochrome Storm" bugs out and does not fire the diamond-shaped bubble bullets in a consistent pattern.
- Interview with JynX (2017): Development and Design Decisions, Question 102